The Mystery Shopping industry is an easy target for Check scams. The basic scam works by sending a letter that includes a check or cashier check that will direct you to deposit the check and wire transfer money or buy gift cards as a Mystery (Secret) Shopper, this is NOT a legitimate offer.
Mystery (Secret) Shopper companies across the industry experience identity theft so that these common check scams look real. They are not. It is important to do your research if you are interested in becoming a Mystery (Secret) Shopper.
Here are some general tips:
- Never pay to be a Mystery (Secret) Shopper
- Never participate in assignments that requires you to deposit money first then either do a wire transfer or purchase gift cards to send back.
- Learn more about the Mystery (Secret) Shopping industry from the Mystery Shop Providers Association: http://www.mspa-americas.org/
- Do an internet search, for the company and use that information to contact them prior to signing up.
Here are a few facts about Dynamic Advantage:
- We do not send text messages, and any emails will come from our website address:
- The only place to sign up for Mystery Shopping with Dynamic Advantage is on one of these landing pages from our website:
- We use licensed software from isecretshop.com (Prism intelligence).
- You may contact us one of 3 ways:
Now, if you are the Victim of a Scam, here are some actions you may take:
- File a Report with your local law enforcement (police or sheriff) agency
- File a Mail Fraud Complaint with U.S. Postal Inspection Service, here is a link:
- File a Report of Check Scams to the Federal Trade Commission, here is a link:
- File a Complaint with the Federal Bureau of Investigation, here is a link: